BETA Technologies is a Burlington, Vermont-based aerospace company and electric aircraft manufacturer developing fully-electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) aircraft and related charging networks. At BETA Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
We support Internships across the entire company. To simplify the application process, we're introducing a single application for Internship candidates. Please review the qualifications below and select the opportunity that aligns best with your skills and experience.
Our recruitment team will carefully assess your application. If we believe you'd be a better fit for a different area of our business, we'll reach out to discuss that opportunity further. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
If your skills or experiences don't precisely match any of the opportunities listed, don't worry! We invite you to apply to our General Internship opening and include a cover letter further specifying your interest within BETA. This is your opportunity to showcase how you can contribute to BETA’s mission!
General Intern Qualifications
BETA Interns (regardless of their specific focus) possess the following qualifications:
• Strong, demonstrated interest in aviation, technology, or sustainability.
• Self-starter who is high-energy, hardworking, organized, disciplined, and able to work independently.
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in supporting and working with cross-functional teams.
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s (in a related field) from an accredited University.
• Previous internship experience working in aircraft, rotorcraft, or any other fast-paced industry.
• University/Collegiate design projects or personal-related project experience related to entrepreneurship and/or electric aviation.
Please review and select which area best aligns with your skills and experience:
As an Intern on BETA’s Battery Team, you will develop a deep understanding of our energy storage system design and use that knowledge on a daily basis to support our ongoing design efforts with tasks such as safety and electrical test design from cell to pack level. Battery Interns focus on supporting the needs of various teams including Manufacturing, Testing, and Design & Certification. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Battery Team who have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Mechanical design using CAD software (3DX preferred) with some amount of experience with structural, thermal or other design analysis.
• Hands-on test experience including data collection and analysis.
• FEA/CFD analysis experience, including validation of any models created.
• Embedded software development using Python.
• PCB design and test experience.
• Experience or knowledge of high voltage DC electrical systems and/or battery energy storage systems.
As an Intern on our Charge Team, you will support the development of new technologies for our electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft and its charging infrastructure, including ground-based equipment, cable management solutions, integration with heliports/vertiports, and cooling systems. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Charge Team who have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Exposure to electric powertrains and the associated power electronics.
• Experience in simulation and analysis of digital, analog, and power circuits.
• Experience with MATLAB and Simulink.
• Experience with SolidWorks for design and drafting.
As an Intern on BETA’s Electrical Team, you will be an integral part of rapid prototyping and testing of proof-of-concept and certified aircraft electronics design including inverters, instrumentation, battery management and charging, flight controls, and more. Electrical team interns will design their own printed circuit boards and assist with analysis and testing of complex designs and systems. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Electrical Team who have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Knowledge of electrical fundamentals that may cover basic circuit analysis, power electronics, embedded systems, analog signal conditioning and filter analysis, analog to digital converters, serial communication protocols (SPI, UART, I2C, CAN), discrete logic circuits, motor control, etc. Familiarity with STM or TI processors is a plus.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and ability to operate lab equipment including low and high-voltage power supplies, function generators, oscilloscopes, multimeters, spectrum analyzers, soldering irons, heat guns, crimping tools, etc.
• Familiarity with and respect for electrical safety.
• Previous experience working with printed circuit board design, assembly, and troubleshooting preferred (KiCAD and Altium are our tools of choice, but experience with any EDA software is great!).
• Coding experience is a plus (C/C++, Python, Matlab, Arduino, etc).
• Involvement in Electrical Engineering and/or Aerospace clubs (CubeSat, Rocket, EV ex: Formula SAE electric racing club) or self-starting electronics personal projects. Show us what you've built!
BETA Technologies is seeking driven Engineering Interns with aerodynamic analysis, flight dynamics modeling, and simulation experience to help design the future of electric aviation. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Flight Sciences Team that have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Demonstrated design and analysis experience in areas that may include aerodynamics, stability and control (S&C), rotors and propellers, electric propulsion, and wind tunnel testing.
• Conceptual understanding of fixed-wing and rotorcraft systems to help drive holistic aircraft design.
• Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink and Python.
• Preferred proficiency in aerospace design tools such as AVL, XROTOR, XFOIL, CHARM, and Pointwise.
• Preferred experience with post-processing analytical and empirical data to create and/or improve aerodynamic databases and dynamical system models.
BETA Technologies is seeking versatile and capable Mechanical Engineering Interns to join our team with a focus on supporting the needs of various projects and teams across the company. These teams may include but are not limited to Motors, Lift Kit, Subscale, Materials and Processes, and Manufacturing.
• Proficiency with 3D CAD software (OnShape, Solidworks or Catia) and preferred experience in FEA (ANSYS preferred).
• Demonstrated experience in all phases of design and preferred experience in scalable manufacturing processes in parallel with product design.
• Ability to operate required machinery and equipment safely, following established safety requirements per company and government regulations and guidelines.
BETA Technologies is seeking versatile and capable Software Interns to join our team with a focus on supporting the Research and Development (R&D) needs of various teams including Flight Test, Flight Controls, Instrumentation, Propulsion, Battery, Flight Simulation, Embedded Software, and Data Management. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Software Team who have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Familiarity with Git: GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket and/or equivalent.
• Preferred experience with network programming and message-passing protocols such as MQTT.
• Preferred experience configuring, running code, and interfacing with peripherals on lightweight computers such as Raspberry Pis and/or embedded systems.
• Preferred experience working with Git version control and CI/CD systems.
• Exposure to one or more of the following: motor control, temperature sensors, analog-to-digital converters, SPI bus.
• Preferred knowledge of LabView.
BETA Technologies is seeking versatile and capable Data Science Interns to join our team with a focus on supporting the Research and Development (R&D) needs of various teams including Flight Test, Propulsion, Battery, Charge Network, Flight Simulator, and Business Intelligence. BETA is looking for candidates to join the Data Science Team who have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
• Proficiency in Python or R.
• Ability to work with data, including cleaning, pre-processing, and data transformation tasks.
• Basic understanding of statistical concepts and mathematical principles relevant to data analysis and machine learning.
• Familiarity with data analysis libraries and tools like Pandas, NumPy, or similar.
• Ability to create visualizations using tools like Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, or ggplot.
• Prior experience working with databases and SQL for data retrieval and manipulation.
• Preferred experience with data exploration tooling, such as Grafana or Tableau.
DESIGN & FABRICATION
As BETA scales to production, we are seeking Interns who have solid hands-on experience across several fabrication disciplines, including wood, metal, plastic, composites, CNC cutting/routing/machining, and 3D printing. BETA is looking for candidates to join one of Teams focused on Design & Fabrication that have demonstrated experience in one or more of the following skills:
• Knowledge of techniques using power tools, air tools, hand tools, and saws safely and efficiently.
• Ability to read, interpret, and produce accurate parts based on engineering drawings, diagrams, and blueprints.
• Knowledge of composite parts fabrication using prepreg carbon fiber materials, wet layups, and vacuum infusion.
• Experience with CAM programming, CNC machine setup, CNC machine operation, manual milling and turning.
• Metal fabrication experience (welding, shearing, sawing, grinding, and cutting).
• Knowledge in different material properties common in 3D printing (PLA, ABS, PETG, Nylon etc.) and experience with operating various 3D printers, including, but not limited to: Prusa, Bambulab, Markforged, and TITAN 3D Printers.
• Significant educational or some professional experience in 3D visualization (Product, Gaming, Advertising, or Film) with a proven creative eye for lighting, materials, renderings, and animations.
BUSINESS & OPERATIONS
As BETA continues to grow, so do our opportunities in fields outside of Engineering. Please select this focus area if you are interested in opportunities in any of the following Teams: Finance, Human Resources, Legal, Marketing, Facilities, Fleet Maintenance, Supply Chain, or IT. Please speak to any relevant experience in your supplemental cover letter.
If your skills or experiences don't precisely match any of the opportunities listed above, don't worry! We invite you to apply to our General Internship opening and include a cover letter. This is your opportunity to showcase how you can contribute to BETA’s mission.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.